Smooth and creamy Godiva chocolate martini recipe with vanilla vodka, kahlua, and cream. Rich and indulgent, this chocolate martini makes for a perfect dessert cocktail.
If you google chocolate martini recipes, you’re going to find a whole bunch.
Like, a whole bunch.
But I love this particular chocolate martini recipe because of how smooth and creamy it is.
I’ve had some chocolate martinis that had quite a bit of bite to them and that is definitely not what I look for in a decadent chocolate dessert cocktail. I want it to taste like a slightly boozy chocolate milk, and this one definitely does.
What will I need for this chocolate martini recipe?
I also love that this chocolate martini recipe calls for easily attainable and fairly basic ingredients. You will need:
- Chocolate liqueur– I love the Godiva chocolate liqueur.
- Kahlua– creamy coffee liqueur.
- Vanilla vodka– Absolut or Smirnoff vanilla are great choices.
- Heavy Cream– run of the mill heavy cream you get at any grocery store.
- Chocolate syrup to dress up the glasses and add just a touch more chocolate.
Drooling just looking at the ingredients list!
All of these ingredients combined make for a delicious dessert cocktail, but the can also be used for many other things. You can use the Godiva Chocolate Liqueur for many different dessert martini flavors. Kahlua is delightful in coffee, and I personally love vanilla vodka in coke, diet coke, Dr. Pepper, root beer, etc.
Doesn’t the kahlua make it more of a coffee flavored martini?
The amount of kahlua used in this chocolate martini is just enough to give it another layer of flavor and enhance the chocolate. Coffee is extremely complimentary when used with chocolate, and in the right amounts, will just enhance the chocolate flavor without making it taste like actual coffee.
Shaken or stirred?
Putting this martini together is a piece of cake. Pour all of the ingredients together in a cocktail shaker with a handful of ice and shake well.
You don’t HAAAVE to use a cocktail shaker. But I feel fancy when I do, plus, it really does do a great job of thoroughly getting all of the ingredients to blend nicely. This cocktail shaker set (paid link) comes with a goof basic toolbox of items. I never really thought I’d use one very often but I actually use it quite a bit and it comes in very handy.
I used 10 ounce martini glasses (paid link) because this recipe is 6 ounces. Don’t forget the chocolate drizzle!
So get shakin’ and try this yummy godiva chocolate martini!
Chocolate Martini with Kahlua and Cream
- 3 ounces Godiva chocolate liqueur
- 1 ounce Kahlua
- 1 ounce vanilla vodka
- 1 ounce heavy cream
- Combine all the chocolate liqueur, kahlua, vanilla vodka, heavy cream, and ice cubes in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake vigorously to mix well. Strain over martini glass. Enjoy!
- For added visual effect and a richer chocolate taste, drizzle chocolate syrup into and across the glass to make pretty stripes!