Broccoli is easily one of my favorite vegetables. It’s healthy, tasty, and easy to work with. It can, however, get old fast if you don’t find a little variety in how you prepare it (especially if you are trying to keep it healthy)! I mean, you can only eat chicken and steamed broccoli so many times before you lose your mind right? Just me? But seriously, this Honey Sriracha Roasted Broccoli is JUST what you need to spice it up a little! And while it does have some sugar and oil, it’s still a pretty light way to introduce a little flare to our favorite green veggie.
I LOVE this recipe. It’s as perfect side for any dish. You can make it for an everyday family dinner, bring it to a potluck, or bring it to a holiday dinner! (We always need something on the lighter side to counteract all that stuffing and pie, right?)
It’s super easy! It doesn’t require much at all! All you need is:
- fresh broccoli florets
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Sliced almonds, toasted, if desired
Some prep tips for your Honey Sriracha roasted Broccoli
- Pick a flavored olive oil! I used a red pepper infused olive oil for a little kick. Garlic infused or herb infused olive oil would be YUMMY options. Don’t have flavored oil? Traditional will be juuuust fine.
- Mix the oil, honey, and sriracha THOROUGHLY. All three have very different consistencies so it takes a little effort to make sure everything is completely blended. You don’t want a splotchy sauce when you go to pour it!
- Make it easier on yourself and get a bag of florets instead of the crowns. I’m all about the convenience here. But if you do decide to chop the crowns yourself, don’t chop them too small. They’ll shrink and get soggy, and that’s no fun.
- Make sure to bake the broccoli COVERED with foil for the first ten minutes. This will allow it to steam in all of the goodness before you remove the cover and let it brown a little.
- Feel free to play with the honey/sriracha ratio! I wanted mine a bit on the sweeter side so I used a little more honey, but a 50/50 ratio works wonderfully too!
- Toast the almonds in a saute pan and add them at the very end before serving. You’ll get the flavor of the toasted nut but you’ll retain all the crunch.
- This same glaze is absolutely FANTASTIC with brussel sprouts!
That’s pretty much it! The beauty of this whole thing is that it’s wonderfully delicious AND it’s incredibly easy!
Looking for some more veggie recipes? Try this Oven Baked Spaghetti Squash!
Honey Sriracha Roasted Broccoli
- 12 ounces fresh broccoli
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp olive oil I used red pepper infused oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds if desired
- In a small bowl, combine honey, sriracha, and olive oil.
- Place uncooked broccoli florets in a large bowl. Drizzle with honey sriracha mixture and stir until coated well. Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Pour into baking dish (Mine was approximately 11inx7in)
- Cover with foil and bake at 375°F for 10 minutes.
- Uncover, stir, and continue baking for another 10 minutes
- While broccoli continues to roast, toast almonds in a non stick pan on high heat (no need for oil or butter).
- Remove broccoli from oven. Pour out any excess liquid.
- Top with toasted almonds. Mix and serve!